If You Need Housing

If You Are Currently Homeless

If you are currently homeless we *may* be able to help you with housing. The first step for anyone seeking to affordable housing in Butte County is to call "211", a 24-hour/day community information helpline, and ask to be entered into their "Coordinated Entry" system. This is a county-wide database that is used by all of the affordable housing organizations in the county.


After getting registered with 211, you can fill out an application for CHAT housing. We do not have a lot of openings, but we do occasionally have openings for families or individuals. Some of our our housing is in a larger house where you would have your own bedroom, but share the kitchen, bathroom, and living room. We would keep your application on file and call you for an interview if we get an opening in a situation that seems like it might work for you.

If You Were Displaced by the Camp Fire

If you were displaced by the Camp Fire, you may be eligible for our CHAMP program, where CHAT would be able to help you pay a rental deposit. We also provide incentives to get landlord to rent their properties to people who lost their housing in the CampFire. See our CHAMP page for more details.


We are a regstered 501(c)(3) charity.
EIN: 46-5487014
Email: info@chicohousingactionteam.net
Phone: 530-520-6412
Se habla espanol
Mailing address:
P.O. Box 4868
Chico, CA 95927
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
© 2019 by Chico Housing Action Team.